Congratulations on your new family member!! We at Lake Road Animal Hospital want to make sure that you are a well informed member of your pet’s healthcare team. That is why we have compiled a puppy and kitten library right here that you will always have access to! We hope that you find it helpful as you navigate the many exciting times of parenthood.
This page is not just for new puppies and kittens – planning on adopting a new furry family member? Have questions about a friend or family member’s new addition? Keep up to date on all of the latest information on life stages and great information for even the older animals, such as crate training! It is never too late to start!
Included in the online Kitten Kit:
- Caring for your cat: the top ten essentials
- Feline behavior for new cat and kitten owners
- Kitten play and investigative behaviors
- Feline Buddies
- Kitten’s rough play
- Destructive cats
- Positive reinforcement: training your cat with treats and praise
- Myths and facts about spaying and neutering
- Common cat hazards
Online resource for cats/kittens:
Included in the online Puppy Kit:
Online resources for the new or old dog owner!
- Invisible Fence of the Southern Tier
- Premier Pet Toys
- Clicker Training
- Dog Star Daily
- AKC Website
- Helping Udders
- Kong Company
- Dog Wise
- Dr. Sophia Yin
- Dominance clicker training
- Indoor Pet Initiative
- “Before and After You Get Your Puppy” Dr. Ian Dunbar DVM
- “The Other End of the Leash” Patricia McConnell
- “Culture Clash” Jean Donaldson
- “Don’t Shoot the Dog” Karen Pryor
- “On Talking Terms with Dogs: Calming Signals” Turid Rugaas
Need information that you do not see on this list? Please do not hesitate to call! We have many brochures on the different vaccinations available at our facility, along with intestinal worms and monthly prevention.